Sunday, November 6, 2011

For the love of my baby








"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."








I cried in relief today as we got home. We spent the last three nights in the hospital, and Kinnie was sick for a week before her admission. It has been the most exhausting, heart-breaking experience. And so, the relief of walking back through the door with her was immense. And she is well, for which I am so grateful.






I have known, since the moment Kinnie was born, that my heart feels her joy and her pain more that it feels my own. I have known many moments when her laughter has brought me to tears, and when her tears have brought me to tears. I never want her to feel pain. I want to protect her from it, to take it for her, to make it better.






No comments:

Post a Comment