Monday, January 10, 2011

Catching up

I was thinking about giving up on this blog. I'm not doing well in keeping up with it. But, then, when I get the urge to write, I sure am glad it's here.

Kinnie is six months old now. Every month, around the 30th, I end up having a very sentimental day or two, when I think about how fast time is going. To be honest, the rest of the time, I am just grateful for every day, and for all the new adventures. It is so exciting to see all the changes.

I was watching an interview on TV the other day, with a woman who had experienced multiple miscarriages. She said, "I know I'm meant to be a mom." I realized that I didn't know that until the minute Kinnie was born. From 1:18 pm on June 30th, 2010, for the rest of my life, I know what my purpose is. I have never felt more passionate, more sure of what brings meaning to my life.

Kinnie had her first Christmas, and the holiday season also brought her first road trip. She did very well. And what road trip with an infant is complete without a poop blow-out in the car? We visited her grandparents, aunt and uncle, and cousins. She loved all the attention.

Kinnie has begun eating cereal every day. She likes it, I think. Last night, there was barley cereal on the table, all over the high chair, on the floor, in her hair... There's no way to control where it flies. She tends to put a finger or thumb in her mouth immediately after taking a bite, which ensures a mess.

I have had two naps with Kinnie in the last month. My Papa will likely scold me for allowing this to happen. In both cases, we were playing on the bed, and fell asleep. You see, Kinnie is not a baby who likes to be held constantly. In order to sleep, she has always been put in her crib. So, technically, the first time we napped together, I couldn't sleep because it tickled me so that she had fallen to sleep right next to me.

She laughs every day. She's trying to sit up, and is very nearly doing so independently. She has rolled over a few times. She puts everything in her mouth. She loves to eat. The words "bonk" and "boing" crack her up. Perhaps her favorite thing is a ride in her snuggli. She is a joy, pure delight, and wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you didn't give up your blog! Sometimes they are a lifeline for me when I feel so far away from home. And it's fun to hear my friends, a lot of whom are first-time moms go through their joys and struggles of parenthood. Can't wait for it to be my turn! Kinnie is GORGEOUS by the way!

    ReplyDelete