Thursday, June 25, 2015

The last night

Tonight is supposed to be the last night that our little family of 4 is separated. Tomorrow, Brian comes home, and Sunday we are scheduled to load up the truck and drive to Salida. The weeks of being apart from my partner are supposed to be done. Of course, what is supposed to be, and what actually is, may differ a bit.

I cannot think of a time in my life during which I have had such constant stress. The ups and downs are frequent. One minute you've sold your townhouse and have purchased the home of your dreams, and the next, it may not happen at all. And then I think, we chose this. We chose to put ourselves through this. What the hell were we thinking?

When I dove into this journey, I thought I had to face 5 weeks of single parenting. Now I am nearing the end of week 7. I did not believe I could do it. Yet, I have done it. And while doing it, I survived the sale of my house falling through, relisting and reselling it.

The really beautiful thing is that I have not been alone. Time after time, my village shows up to hold me up and help me through. When we had to put our house back on the market, my house was full of helpers, getting it back into show shape. My mom and I cleaned for 16 hours that day. And it paid off, when we were back under contract in a matter of days.

Now, we are facing another possible setback. And the outpouring of support is incredible. Tonight, my Nana said, "there is always a solution." And I think there is. It will all be alright. We have enough people who are here for us, who believe in us, that we will get through any bump in the road.

As far as my time with my girls these last seven weeks, adventure is the name of the game. We still haven't figured out a good bedtime routine without Daddy around, so they are often up later than they should be. But, Kinnie Lin has learned to sleep in until 7! This is a miracle in itself. We have been to the pool a lot. And we took our little road trip. We've had a sleep over at Ninnie and Pops'. And visited the zoo. We have snuggled, and we have wrestled. We've taken a lot of long walks, and when we first started this process, I struggled to lift Ellie Claire onto my back in the backpack- now, it's no problem.

I am stronger, in a lot of different ways. I know that I can face what life brings. With a little help, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment